If You Want to Keep Intruders Away, Confuse Them01/01/2014 Back To Blog
If you want to confuse intruders, keep a low profile in your life. Take the required precautions bysetting up a deadlock, make sure your home is protected with the latest security systems and make them wonder whether there are walking into a zone full of traps. They would certainly be reluctant to carry on with the burglary if they know someone is at home, there is a surveillance camera recording every single movement around the house, lock changing is done often according to the best technologies and there are three angry dogs waiting for them at the entrances.
Take the right measures
The secret is to keep a safe house whether it is in immediate threat or not. Nothing can guarantee nothing, but you cannot ignore the fact that well protected properties usually discourage intruders, who don't want to waste time or interfere with advanced security systems and complicated locks. It is obvious that lock mend is necessary, if you sense that the key does not fit well into the lock. You must definitely check the key and even proceed with doorkey changing. Technologies related to security locks and systems are very advanced and you can find the ones required for your house in the market. The point is to not delay the decision of improving security.
If you can keep a low profile in your everyday life, it won't be exposed to those who would possibly target your home. At the same time, you must be careful with your everyday moves.
• Don't park your car outside when you have so much space in the garage and make sure that the garage door works properly.
• If you have big glass openings at home, secure your privacy with curtains or blinds because you don't want strangers to confirm your whereabouts at home.
• If you follow the same schedule every single day, try to become creative and choose different times to go to the gym.
• Don't leave notes on the front door saying you will back in half an hour.
• It's wise to change existing deadbolts, but you should also install more lights in the yard and better alarm systems.